A Prayer For Our Soldiers

May God walk beside you each day. May He protect you if harm comes your way. May He give you wisdom in all that you do and keep you safe with each task you pursue. May He bring swift end to the world's troubled brow and His most precious peace on us then endow. May you know you stay in our thoughts and our hearts when your path and your duty keep us apart. May the days pass quicky until you're part of our home once again, surrounded by our love.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Office ....



I moved into our house on base without my husband. He wanted it to be a surprise, the whole house. I did give him hints very now and then tho when he was in training. While he was away, i decided to make a room for him. Like a dedication room for while he is away, so the family can just go in there and relax. I made this room special for him, and us. It is the marine dedication office. Ill put pictures up here. Here is a before picture, with just a rug in there.
I couldn't really think of how to do this room. I had many options. Mom tried to help me arrange it, but i am too hard headed to listen. So i made it my project while they were here so i could have help moving furniture.I really needed the help this office rooms furniture is soooo heavy. But we did it. We made the room look big and nice. It looks very nice. I was, and am very proud of this room. And i am so glad that he loves it just as much as i did. Brinkley (our puppy) loves it also. She loves to go in there and sleep sometimes. And if her dad is in there, she will not leave his side. She is his little shadow. She likes to try to help him. Ok so anyways i will put up the other pictures. The first one is a saying on the wall. It reminded me of when he was in afghan. Every journey begins with one step. Being in the military I think you should remember this. It is important. It could possibly help you get you Thur a deployment. Because every thousand miles you are closer to coming back home to your family, or reaching a goal of whatever it may be. I love the saying, and that is why i put it in the office room.
And the second picture is the finished room. You cant really see it, but there is a picture of a soldier on his knees praying. And there is a figure above the soldier. Also on the top, i have a 100 day devotional for your servicemen, and a dog tag on there, some coins Jeff has gotten from the military, and a figurine or a marine soldier (it says god bless our marines). On that second shelf i just really have a picture Dr. Cloutier gave me.Its from his son, from a while ago. It is of a V-22 Osprey. This is what Jeff flies in. And the third shelf is of my books. And you can see the couch and the side table. on the couch is a bear. This was part of my Christmas present, from when he was in afghan. It was such a surprise. It is still a surprise to me how me could do this a day away. But im so glad he did. It made that christmas so special. But this is his room. I wanted to share it with everyone. There is a desk on the other wall but it is not really finished yet. So ill put a picture of that up later. Post more about Tuesday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment